Green Home Building Tips
- Home orientation – Depending on your climate you can use passive design to keep your home cooler or warmer to help reduce energy consumption through heating and cooling.
- Build small – Smaller homes cost less to cool and heat so only build what you need.
- Windows – Choose energy efficient windows that are ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Fixture & Appliances – Select water conserving faucets, shower heads, dishwasher and washing machine to slash your water consumption.
- Thermostats – Install learning thermostats that can be controlled by an app on your phone.
If you’re thinking about building a green home be sure to visit our sustainability board for more green home building tips!