Ranch style homes are the most affordable and cost effective houses available on the market. They are extremely popular among first time home buyers and retirees who are looking to downsize.
Ranch style homes generally include the following:
- Single story floor plan
- Few interior walls to make the most of the limited square footage
- Simple floor plan which usually consists of a living area on one side and bedrooms on the other side of the house
- Typically 1000 – 1500 square feet excluding basement
- Gable roof with a low pitch
- Large window in living room & sliding patio doors
- Attached garage
- Rectangle, L or U shape floor plan
- Variations include split level ranch and executive ranch style homes
Thinking about building a ranch style home? See our Pinterest page for more home building and home addition ideas!