If you’re running out of space in your home but you’re not ready to move, you should start thinking about what kind of home addition you’ll need. Here are the types of additions you can consider.
- Bump-out addition: If you want to add a few feet to an existing room you will be getting a bump-out addition. Add extra space to your kitchen or bathroom, add a walk-in closet or a mudroom with a bump-out.
- Room addition: A room addition to the ground-floor of your home – whether it’s a family room, master suite, or bathroom addition.
- Second story addition: A second story addition consists of adding a second floor to your home or expanding your second floor with a dormer. If your lot size doesn’t permit you to build on to the ground floor you will have to consider a second story addition.
- Garage addition: Garage additions can be built either attached or freestanding depending on your preferences and how you plan to use your garage. You can also build your garage to have living space above the garage.
- Sunroom addition: A 3 or 4 season room that is complete with walls of glass. A 4 season room can be left open to your home if desired, but a 3 season room would need to have a door to separate the inside from outside.
Visit our Pinterest page to get more ideas for your addition or new construction project!