Is an open floor plan right for you and your family? Here are a few pros and cons to consider before making a decision.
Advantages of open floor plans:
- Makes your home look and feel larger
- Reduces energy costs by bringing in more natural light
- More universal and wheelchair accessible
- Increased views
- Ability to watch kids while cooking or cleaning
- Great layout for entertaining & socializing with guests
Disadvantages of open floor plans:
- Reduced privacy
- Noise travels easily
- Fewer walls for pictures and art
- Must keep clean all the time
The advantages outweigh the disadvantages, but it mostly depends on your lifestyle. See more open floor plans on our Pinterest board!